Frequently Asked Questions
How can I order Tata Sky connection?
How can I use Tata Sky broadband service using WiFi?
You can connect a Wi-Fi Router to Tata Sky broadband connection & get the internet service over WiFi. To get the best throughput, we recommend you use Wi-Fi router which supports 2.4Ghz & 5Ghz with throughput of 750 Mbps or more.
Is Tata Sky Broadband available in my area?
Currently TataSky Broadband is available only in select areas. If you want to check the availibility of our service in your Home/Office/Locality, You can contact us on our helpline 18002676771
Which is the recommended Wi-Fi router for Tata Sky broadband connection?
We recommend you should opt for any Wi-Fi router which has Ethernet port & supports 2.4Ghz to 5Ghz with throughput of 750 Mbps or more.
Account, Package & Recharge
How can I change my account password?
To change your broadband account password, please call our helpline. Our team will reset the password & the new password will be sent to you through SMS/Email.
How can I change my package?
To change your package, please visit myaccount.tataskybroadband.com & log-in using your selfcare portal username & password. Go to the ‘Change package’ section.
Alternatively, you can call our helpline & place a request for change in package.
- How to recharge?
You can recharge your account by logging on to www.tataskybroadband.com & select quick recharge option. Alternatively, you can log on to Myaccount.tataskybroadband.com and go to Recharge option to recharge your account.
* With effect from the date of implementation of the GST Act, any document containing inadvertent reference to 'service tax' should be read as being substituted by the words 'applicable taxes'
What are the package options available with Tata Sky broadband?
To check the available package options applicable to you, please visit myaccount.tataskybroadband.com & log-in using your selfcare portal username & password. Go to the ‘Change Package’ section to get the details.
- What is my account password?
Post activation of your services, you will get your account username & password through SMS & Email. Using these credentials, you can authenticate & start using the internet service
After Sales Service
Can I receive monthly account statements on my e-mail address?
Yes, monthly account statements will be sent to you by email on your registered email address.
- How can I change by Registered mobile number & Email?To change, please visit myaccount.tataskybroadband.com & log-in using your selfcare portal username & password. Go to ‘Account details’ & make changes as required. Post change, you will get the confirmation on your new contact number/email ID.
- How can I contact Tata Sky?
You can reach out to us at our helpline 18002676771 or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I ensure the safety of my child online in regards to Child Abuse Material (CAM), Cyber Bullying and blocking pornographic or inappropriate content?
Children are increasingly becoming a part of our online community. The Internet offers children many opportunities for learning, constructive entertainment, and personal growth. But there are a lot of risks that children face online. Filtering software like CYBERPATROL, NETNANNY, SURFWATCH etc can help keep children away from inappropriate online content. Parental controls can also be set up on a router, operating system, browser and firewall level. More information on how to setup parental controls via such mediums is easily available online. While such measures go a long way ensuring the kind of content your child is exposed to online, they are not a substitute for parental involvement in the child’s safety online.
This message is being displayed to you as per the regulation from Ministry of Communication & Information Technology, Government of India.
I have got account log-in details & selfcare portal myaccount.tataskybroadband.com log-in details. What is the difference?
The account log-in details are required to use internet service. The username & password need to either stored in the Wi-Fi router or can be punched in into the page displayed by Tata Sky broadband when you attempt using the service.
What should I do in case of any problem with the connection?
In case of any concern with the connection, please visit myaccount.tataskybroadband.com & log-in using your selfcare portal username & password. Go to the ‘Requests & Complaints’ section & register the issue faced by you. Alternatively, you can call our helpline & register the issue faced by you. Upon receipt of request/complaint our team will either remotely troubleshoot or visit your premises to resolve the issue.
What is FTTH?
Fiber-to-the-home (FTTH) or 100% Fibre Network is a cable that contains glass/plastic fibres that transmit light instead of electricity, thus promising superior speed. As a case in point, consider Google Fiber that offers speeds of up to 1Gbps, while a normal cable connection would max out on 200Mbit/s.
What is the difference between FTTH (100% Fibre Network) and other available technologies?
A 100% Fibre Network gives you end-to-end connectivity with fibre optics running directly into your homes – ensuring no leakage of speed & connectivity.
Vectorised Fibre or FTTB (Fibre-to-the-Building) is a mix of fibre and copper lines where the fibre lines run from the ISP only until your premises and copper lines from your premises to your home.
Why is FTTH better than other available technologies?
1. Breath-taking speed: The fiber optic internet ensures that your internet doesn’t slow down, even during periods of high demand.
2. Higher Immunity & Reliability: Fiber, unlike copper, is not corrosive in nature, so it’s unaffected by harsh weather conditions. It is resistant to human or electrical interference and does not lose signal over long distances – delivering seamless connectivity and lesser downtimes.
3. Unlimited Bandwidth: FTTH has virtually an unlimited bandwidth, making it possible to power Holographic HD TV and games, smart home solutions, video telephony and home security solutions.
4. Safer: As fibre does not radiate electromagnetic energy, fibre cable is literally impossible to tap making it the safest medium for carrying sensitive data.
5. Lower Carbon Footprint: The raw materials used to make fibre come from silicon and sand. Which can be found in an abundance compared to the dwindling supply of copper.
What is a Smart Router?
The Tata Sky Broadband Smart Router is a ONT + Router. It is a dual band router that has 2.4GHz & 5GHz
Does the performance of the Smart Router depend on its location in your home?
The strength of your Wi-Fi signal is dependent on the placement of your Smart Router. Getting the location right can make a world of difference to your broadband experience. Please ensure –
1. Find a central spot: Place your Smart Router in a central location in your house – preferably at a height.
2. Avoid interference: Keep your Smart Router away from large metal objects, heat/extreme cold sources, moisture, dust & plants. Keep microwave ovens, cordless phones and Bluetooth devices away.
How to make the most of your Smart Router?
1. Connect Directly: Direct LAN/ethernet cables provide faster speeds.
2. Reboot Routine: Restart your router regularly to ensure the driver software is up to date.
3. Turn-off devices not in use: Devices/Apps not in active use consume bandwidth. Turning them off frees up bandwidth for use.
If I increase my internet speed from 5Mbps to 50Mbps, will my browsing speed improve by 10X?
Increasing a connections rate expands its capacity but not necessarily its throughput (what is commonly called ‘Speed’). This means that increasing ‘speed’ allows you to connect and use more devices simultaneously but not necessarily faster. Hence, speed is only a number – and the outcome will vary on various factors.
Will the promised speed be consistent, no matter where I browse?
The overall browser performance will be dictated by the screen size, the distance between the Smart Router and the device (say, your computer) and number of devices connected to the internet at the same time. So, it may be possible that the same connection will serve 2-3 different speeds depending on the above-mentioned factors.
Do the speed-testers measure the speed of my connection?
Nearly all speed testing apps do not measure the speed but instead measure the bandwidth (capacity). Unfortunately, the bandwidth is the measure of how much data can the connection hold and not the speed (throughput) of the connection. It’s only the speed that governs the user app experience in most cases.